With Thanksgiving approaching in just a few days, we thought we'd share a few of our favorite unique recipes.
We had our Head of Human Resources, Wendy, jot down 3 delightful Thanksgiving recipes for you guys to try out! Originally from Korea, her birth name is Hee Won Park. She has incorporated a delicious Korean Thanksgiving recipe, Sanjeok, which essentially is a Korean Shish Kebab. Definitely try it out!
Drink - Lemon Vodka
What you need: Bottle of plain vodka of your choice, lemons, baking soda, half of a bag of sugar and a jar
1. Rinse the lemons with hot water, then rub them with baking soda (this will clean and take off the residue off the lemons. Then wash them each thoroughly to make sure they are clean.
2. Cut the lemon into circle pieces like this:
3. Put the cut lemon into the jar and pour the half of bag of sugar into the jar on top.
4. Pour the bottle of vodka into the jar. Make sure to mix them well so that the sugar melts thoroughly.
5. Put it out of sunlight for a few days, and you can make mix drinks or take them as shots! You will barely taste the alcohol!
*Highly recommended combination for mix drinks: About three shots of the lemon vodka, with lemon seltzer, a little bit of Champaign and Pineapple juice! Mix them however you like depending on your preferred style of drinks!
*Must be over 21! Enjoy responsibly!*
*You can also choose not to put in alcohol! You can just put in the lemon and sugar and put it out of sunlight for a couple of days, mix them up a few times and its done and ready to go! Mix it with cold seltzer with ice, or just hot water for tea!
Buttery Garlic Mushrooms
What you need: Butter, Garlic, Onion, Mushrooms, salt and pepper, thyme, parsley flakes, white wine
1. Chop some onions.
2. Melt butter in the pan on medium heat.
3. Sauté garlic and onion.
4. Add mushrooms in until they start to look nice and brownish.
5. Pour a little bit of white wine, a bit more garlic, thyme and parsley, salt, and pepper and mix them thoroughly.
Sanjeok (Korean Shish Kebab)
This is a traditional Korean thanksgiving food that I changed a little based on things you can find in regular stores like Walmart!
What you need: Green onions, crab meat, oyster mushrooms, wooden toothpick, eggs, flour, salt and pepper, loin end steak, low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil
- 1. Cut the steak into the length of the oyster mushrooms.
- 2. Put 5 tablespoons of water, 5 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl to make the sauce to flavor the meat.
- 3. Put the cut-up steak into the sauce bowl, mix them up, put a plastic wrap on it and let it sit in the fridge while you do the rest.
- 4. Clean the green onions and the oyster mushrooms with some baking soda.
- 5. Cut the green onions, crab meat to the length of the oyster mushrooms.
- 6. Boil some salt water and boil the oyster mushrooms just for a few minutes, Drain, and shock them in ice cold water. Drain again.
- 7. Squeeze the water out of the mushrooms, sprinkle salt and pepper and a bit of sesame oil for flavor.
- 8. Prep a plate of flour and a bowl of egg yolk mixed with a bit of salt and pepper.
- 9. Put a piece of green onion, steak, mushroom and crab meat onto a toothpick.
- 11. Lightly put a bit of flour on both sides then put it in the egg yolk.
- 12. Put oil on your pan and start cooking. Flip them over to cook the other side!
It should look something like this!
Hope you enjoyed! Happy Thanksgiving MASHers!
*Try out one and these recipes and DM us a photo on Instagram at themashco for 500 MASH points!*